German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - GSD Feed Issues and lots of Qtns
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zouk1972

Default GSD Feed Issues and lots of Qtns

I dont want to start arguments in here - and I am new so I am sorry if this is the wrong set of qtns?

1/ Our pup was on Royal Canin Large Breed puppywhen that ran out - we went to Royal Canin GS Junior - he simply doesnt eat much, he is 13 weeks but only eats about 1/3rd of a cup and often spits it out - I am going to go back to RC Large Breed puppy as I borrowed some and he ate it all - but I cant imagine the recipe is a lot different.

2/ Royal Canin expects us to know the adult size of the dog, ie the weight in order to calculate the amount, how the **** do I know that - I was told the bitch and stud were small skinny GSD's but does that mean he will be - whats an average adult weight for Male GSD's 35kgs?

3/ He does love the Raw guide dogs meals - but I was told that this wont help his teeth, is it balanced anough a diet that we could just give him the raw soft diet and then give him bones and toys for teeth

4/ At what age can he have bones - I bought a pork leg bone and some brisket bones today - but I dont know if I should be giving them to him yet or not

5/ If any of you are using Royal Canin large breed puppy what amount was your puppy having at say 12 weeks - my Boy hardly eats
Zouk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote