German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Athens, GA 41198 Baron, Male 2yo sable
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
annap24

Default Athens, GA 41198 Baron, Male 2yo sable

Hey everyone! This handsome fellow is in a high kill shelter in Athens, GA. His hold time is expired and he has no adoption applications! I went by and visited him today. He is a very handsome boy, walked pretty well on the leash, and was good with other dogs. While we walked past the other dogs, many of them were barking and growling and he completely ignored them and kept walking. My friend and I spent over an hour brushing him to get out all the extra fur that was matted to him. Once we got the fur off, we noticed his ribs are visible and he could stand to gain a little weight. He loved being brush and was such a gentleman. No barking, jumping, anything. He even sat for me to put him on the leash. He has a torn ear and a torn tongue, so he may have been attacked in the past but it doesn't bother him. I would take him in a heartbeat if I could, but I'm in an apartment and at my pet limit! You can see in some of the pictures how much fur was coming off as we brushed him. They have him listed as a mix, but the people at the shelter had never heard of a sable GSD and he looked pure to me.
Athens, GA 41198 Baron, Male 2yo sable-imageuploadedbypg-free1408822968.990982.jpgAthens, GA 41198 Baron, Male 2yo sable-imageuploadedbypg-free1408822986.826065.jpg

41198 – Baron | AthensPets.Net
annap24 is offline   Reply With Quote