German Shepherds Forum banner

FINALLY got Kaiju to swim!

875 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Ltleo 
#1 ·
It took forever, but ever since his ball drive sort of clicked a little while back, he's been doing a LOT more in exchange for his ball - including swimming! I really thought he was just never going to swim. For the longest time, he was very picky and the few times he went into water, he refused to go deep enough for it to even touch his belly. But he decided he really wanted that ball when we went to the lake yesterday and finally decided that swimming wasn't so bad when there are fun things to chase into the water. :) So for anyone who wants a swimmer and is not having luck with their pup, don't lose hope! I never pushed him into deeper water than he was comfortable with and always made it fun. Looks like it's paying off now.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Pax8,

Your "It took forever" AKA patience and " I never pushed him into deeper water than he was comfortable with and always made it fun.", has paid dividends...way to go !

As always....the avatar still gets me every time I see it...

Enjoy,

SuperG

#10 ·
Congrats!! Very cute dog! I wish we had places to go swimimg. The only so called lake that will allow, won't let me go because they force neutering. But when it comes to water, my boy looks for it. If he finds a puddle he lays in it. It's funny, but drives me nuts when he insists on rolling around in the muddy ones lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.