German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Kennel Cough?! Help please...
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
llombardo
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcy View Post
My evet only charges $50.00 for an office call and then the rest was for the shot and meds...it may have been closer to $200.00, now that I think about it.

All my dogs were vaccinated for kennel cough, but there are different strains. The vet grabbed and pressed on my dogs throat and he made this cough noise. That's how he was diagnosed. My other two went to the regular vet. They did the same throat test, but those two did not cough. SO, they were not given meds. They were mostly sneezing. Once the puppy was diagnosed,I called the regular vet back and got meds for them.
I don't vaccinate for it even after our bout with it. I think now it's given every 6 months versus annually? By the time the third dog got it the vet didn't even require a visit. They got it like 10 days apart. It was like having a bunch if kids getting each other sick. Oddly the oldest dog, which is a senior dog did not get it. Mine were coughing only and it was that annoying cough. My golden took it the worst, he's a big baby anyway. He acted just like a boy would act with a cold, like he was dying Just kidding to all the boys that find that offensive reading this.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote