German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to the Dog World!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
jafo220
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
Yeah, not sure if it's exactly bashing or not but this is what was said.

'hi
first let me apologize. I wasnít trying to knock your puppy. sorry.
to clarify;
I owned (SIRE) and sold him as he is a very average working dog, low drive, thin nerve. in my opinion not breed worthy. however a very nice family pet.
to quantify;
I owned and trained (SIRE)'s brother (BROTHER), who is now a mwd. that dog is a superstar.
I've worked most dogs from (SIRE)'s litter as well as his mother. and multiple other dogs that she has produced. (SIRE) wouldnt rank in my top 10 dogs shes produced.
(SIRE) was bred by my good friend.
so my opinion of (SIRE) is a true one.
lastly, I also owned trained and sold (DAM)'s litter brother, now pd sert.
I had several people contact me re (SIRE)'s litter, as they stated that litter was allegedly being spruked as a super litter coz (SIRE) is (BROTHER)'s brother and (DAM) is pd sert sister.
in fact, only 2 mths ago (SIRE) was for sale coz (MY BREEDER) said he was indeed a very average dog.
I donít like breeders who bull**** unsuspecting buyers. but note all of the above is just my opinion.
welcome to the dog world!!
I am just pointing out facts that u may or may not wish to know. I hope I didnít offend, but my opinion of working dogs is highly respected and I believe people shouldnít be sold the dream in order for a breeder to make money.
cheers"

I edited out the identities and replaced with the capitols surrounded by brackets. But this is word for word.
I don't think it's all that bad. They just feel in "their" opinion, the other breeder did not describe the sire completely leaving out information. I mean depending on what you're going to do with the pup, it may be crucial and then it may not.

I just think the person did what he said, gave you his opinion. Opinion is just that, an opinion. Like selzer said, work with what you got.
jafo220 is offline   Reply With Quote