German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Potty training at work !HELP NEEDED!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
pr3dict

Default Potty training at work !HELP NEEDED!

So I have had my little girl now for 4 1/2 days and she started out as a complete angel (now she bites everything lol) and has been so so smart. House breaking has gone great, just today we had the back door open and she ran outside and down my deck to her side of the yard where she goes to the bathroom and made a poop. It's nice that she took herself out lol.

As for work though!!! I take her to work with me all day and I work in a very large open floor about 7000 sq feet office. It's all wood floors and there everything is open (no offices or cubicles). She keeps running around or walking and then all of a sudden peeing/pooping. I grab her as its happening and take her outside but the problem is that I work on the 2nd floor so it takes about 2 1/2 minutes between the time I pick her up until I put her back down outside. Also, there are no grass/woody areas around my office as I work in a village for her to pee in so I think she is uncomfortable peeing on the cement/blacktop.

HOW DO I FIX THIS??? This was one of my biggest fears before getting her that training her at the office was going to be impossible and it is starting to seem that way. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

My boss keeps telling me I should get her wee-wee pads (he has a small Pomeranian) but I definitely do not want to do that as it will train her its ok to go to the bathroom inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote