German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Long time no see!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
KZoppa
Crowned Member

Default Long time no see!

Hey! Been a while! Wanted to update on us.

We're in Connecticut now. Have been for almost a month. It's different. I'm not used to us being stationed this close to an actual highway system. It's nice having more closer though. Very nice.

Dax and I will be starting another basic obedience class later this week, mainly as a refresher with the distractions and going up from there. I also sent off the application and entry fee for the Temperament Test coming up in September. Not really sure what to expect from Dax for it, but we'll see! For those following, Dax didn't alert to the door or strange noises real reliably but since we moved, there's been a drastic and pleasant improvement. He's not scared about it but does bark when someone rings the doorbell or when he hears someone in the house he thinks shouldn't be there. Usually when he hears Geramy come home from a duty night or in the morning when I'm still asleep. It's nice he's finally alerting. We are still working on barking when someone knocks on the door though. I'm sure we'll get there.

I'm signed up for an online course in basic digital photography. Have learned much more in the first couple lessons than I've been able to learn on my own in a while so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm working on getting back into my writing too. Maybe this time I'll be able to finish a story. Writers block is my biggest issue.

Working on keeping busy. Hoping to get the chance to get out without any time restrictions to explore more of the local area sometime soon.

Here's some most recent pictures of Dax.

"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote