German Shepherds Forum banner

Cleaning their mess in front of them

667 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  onyx'girl 
#1 ·
I remember reading somewhere that its better not to clean up their mess (inside the house) in front of them. Put them away in a different room and then clean up. Is that correct?

#2 ·
I also remember and I think it's on leerburg. I'm also interested about the reasons but I have a feeling it's some kind of a domination theory (most of their stuff is) and it's something like 'the dog is not supposed to see you slaving after them'.

But interested to see replies

#3 ·
I've taken puppies to crates or had a friend take them to another room for sake of ease. Because puppies usually want to play with the paper towel, bark at the sprayer, or try to lick the cleaner. So it's just easier to remove them. But if they have an accident, it's my fault and I don't see how cleaning it in front of them would teach them anything good or bad...?

#5 ·
My dogs feel guilty if they see me cleaning up their messes. Even as pups!
Though they were easy to housetrain and any accident they had was not deliberate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.