German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - I'm desperate at this point... My itchy GS
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
josh995

Default I'm desperate at this point... My itchy GS

Meet Eva (Pronounced Ay-va):

She's about 2.5 years old and I just adore her.

But she's itchy, and has been for about 2 years now! I've been reading these forums for a while now, trying different suggestions. I've changed her food so many times I've truly lost count. And not just brands, but types. She hasn't got fleas or ticks.

She's been to the vet... countless times, and all the vet seems to want to do is give her temaril p steroids!! Yes, it works while she's taking it, but once she's done with the Rx, her itchiness comes right back. I've been reading that it's not good to do long term.

I've tried Apple Cider Vinegar, both orally and rubbing it on her. She still itches.

We used to live in the desert of California. Then we moved to Virginia, near DC....2 years ago. This is when this whole thing started happening. Also, when we moved here, we got a cat. So it's possible that it's seasonal allergies(all year round??), or the cat. We've told the vet this......temaril p.

Her itching seems to have picked up big time lately, which coincides with summer just starting. I'm so frustrated with this. I just want her to not itch.

This is where she gets red the most, her paws and her lady bits, but she itches everywhere.

Last edited by josh995; 07-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.
josh995 is offline   Reply With Quote