German Shepherds Forum banner

Sick Pup

864 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mtm1127 
#1 ·
Hello all. About a week ago I picked up my - then - 8 week old puppy. Brought her back home and she hit the ground running. Absolutely loved my other dog, wasn't skittish or shy. Showed no signs of anxiety or anything. As I said, I picked her up on the 30th of June. Since then, she has thrown up three times. We feed her the same diet as the breeder did (Diamond Puppy) - 3 times per day half a cup soaked. I'm really not sure as to what is causing this. It appears to be all food that is thrown back up. We fed her dry food earlier today to see if it would make a difference and she threw that up, too. She isn't acting sick or fatigued, either. Any ideas???

Thanks

#2 ·
Is she vomiting (deep full body heaves), or regurgitating ( open mouth and food comes out, no heaving)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#5 ·
If you think she is eating too fast, there are types of food bowls that help in slowing down the eating. If you noticed that she is eating grass, that could also cause it. If it continues, I would take her to the vet.

#6 ·
She actually eats rather slow. That's what has me confused. No grass eating, either. She just threw up bile because she skipped dinner. Just wouldn't eat her food. I'm going to look into weaning her over to the puppy food that we fed our other GSD, Zeke, whenever he was a pup. Never had a problem with him. Her stool has not been completely solid, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.