German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Panosteitis
Thread: Panosteitis
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
bob_barker

Default Panosteitis

I'm sure there have been many threads about this, but I figure what's the harms in starting another.

I have my 10 month old Bob Barker. At about 6 months he started limping, favouring his front leg. It started off mild and then got very severe. And then disappeared for a few weeks. He then started again after I did some hiking with him it last again for almost a month same leg.
Now I have limited his exercise, and started giving him vitamin C daily and (touch wood), he has not shown any signs in Almost a week.
So my questions are,
Does this sound like pano? .. this is my first shepherd and after 20 years of breeding beagles this is new to me.
What else can I add to his (barf) diet that can help with this and possibly prevent it from returning?
Is swimming an "ok" exercise while he is on a break? Call me dumb, but I figure whole swimming it is more muscle power than bone which is what is being affected by this pano.
And
How long should I be keeping this poor boy from playing with his friends and from taking him for his walks etc. I think this backyard playing is getting boring for him!

Thanks guys!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
bob_barker is offline   Reply With Quote