German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New to home cooked
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ellimaybel
Master Member

Default New to home cooked

Turns out, Gunther has a sensitive stomach. He might not be able to go back to kibble, we will have to see. For now due to solidifying his stools he's on chicken and rice. He was picking out all the chicken and knocking the rice all over the floor so I've taken to pureeing the two together. My question is, HOW do all of you do this every day? I am spending hours a day boiling, cooling, skinning, de-boning, rinsing, and pureeing food for this dog then I sit down for about 5 minutes before going into work. Then I get home at 11-1 am and have to do the dishes to do it all again tomorrow. Most days I'm so busy fixing his food that I don't even remember to eat until I get to work. You would think this is helping me lose weight, but it's not. I'm exhausted. My biceps and shoulders and backs are full of knots, my feet ache (my job requires walking the entire night), and honestly I can't think of a muscle that doesn't hurt.

I'm not complaining. You can't put a price tag on the love from Gunther, and I would do anything for him. I just really would like to know how those of you who have been doing this for a long time do it. Are there some type of shortcuts I don't know about? Any tips at this point would be greatly appreciated!!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.
Ellimaybel is offline   Reply With Quote