German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 7 nth old X-ray pano, arthritis & 3 femur cracks
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
mamatolaceynchief

Unhappy 7 nth old X-ray pano, arthritis & 3 femur cracks

I know I am terrible at taking pictures, but these are the X-rays of my 7 month old male GSD. I had made a previous post about possible hip dysplasia. Well, he has pano, and 3 small healed cracks in his femur bone(left leg) and arthritis in his left knee which completely SURPRISED me.. I know with pano, it was a given from growing pains, but arthritis sure surprised me.. the only thing the vet told me to do was rest him for 2-3 weeks and give him anti-inflammatories.. I know you can't grow out of arthritis if I am correct.. I am doing bite protection work with him.. and the vet knows this and didn't say anything about stopping it.. is there anything else I can give him to help.. glucosamine pills? help. I don't know much about dog arthritis.
Attached Thumbnails
7 nth old X-ray pano, arthritis & 3 femur cracks-img_2909.jpg   7 nth old X-ray pano, arthritis & 3 femur cracks-img_2911.jpg   7 nth old X-ray pano, arthritis & 3 femur cracks-img_2927.jpg  
mamatolaceynchief is offline   Reply With Quote