German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My baby is growing up :) :(
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ellimaybel
Master Member

Default My baby is growing up :) :(

Gunther is officially 1 year old today. Despite all the illness, frustration, nasty poo eating, and training difficulties, he has made the past year of my life so much happier. I love this dog so much it hurts. I don't want him to grow up. I need him to stay young forever and never get older where I might lose him. It may sound like a depressing happy birthday wish but I've been struggling with him being unwell for a month now and in 8 1/2 hours he goes to the vet to be checked for lyme disease. I just pray it's as simple as that.

I love you Gunther. You wake me up happy when you jump up and lick my toes and throw your head on my face. You bring joy to my heart when I come home and you greet me so happily despite my failures as a human. You make me swell with pride when you growl and bark at strangers stopping at our fence to protect me, when you put yourself between me and anyone else who comes close to me, when you obey a command that you've never heard before.

You have brought so many tears of both sorrow and joy to my life. You have made every single day so much more enjoyable.

It's ok if you want to stop growing up now. I will love you forever.

Happy Birthday to my baby!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.
Ellimaybel is online now   Reply With Quote