German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Invisible Fences/ Shock Collars
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
LookingForTheLight

Default Invisible Fences/ Shock Collars

Hey everyone! I had a huge scare today. First let me say my backyard is fenced off with 8 foot cement brick walls except for the back of it, instead there is a not steep 8-9 foot hill that then leads down to a busy street. I saw my girl, Baylee, outside and then turned to my computer for a second, and the second I looked back she was not in my sight. I naturally went outside and called her name as my backyard has many places to hide and is pretty spacious. I got no response. I instantly sent out the SWAT team (my family) to search for her, and I went out to the backyard and climbed the hill and called her and she came running up the backside of the hill. I sure was scared. So, getting to the point (I ramble!), my family can not really afford to have a huge sturdy fence put in on the hill, and so I am wondering if an invisible fence or shock collar may be a temporary solution. I personally am against negative reinforcement, and doing any kind of harm to a dog to train them, but I am wondering if any has experience with a shock collar? And how does an invisible fence exactly work? Are they expensive? Are they a good solution for this? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

"I am an animal person."

Proud owner of German/Aussie, Baylee.

Stay Happy!
LookingForTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote