German Shepherds Forum banner

All about Ace

11K views 125 replies 13 participants last post by  Ace GSD 
#1 ·
Decided to start this 1 thread as a journal/diary so i can look back later on and see how far i have come.

So this is all about Ace thread

Born March 12th 2014

5/21 : Ace came home with us.
5/22 : 1st Vet visit
5/23 : Ace moved to Scott's place 12 miles away cause he isnt allowed to stay with us due to breed restriction.
5/25 : Ace moved again to another place that is closer to mommy and daddy. Every morning we go to a park and chill there until i have to go work and i would pick him up again after work so we can spend more fun times and learn fun tricks.
5/29 : 1 ear go up !!
6/10 : Ear went back down :(
6/11 : we went to a dog park for the first time, and Ace wasnt too crazy about it ! We left after 10 minutes . The we went everywhere from a lake to Chipotle a Mexican restaurant.
6/20 : The storm is here Ace got diarrhea 2 days after we switched kibble to BB wilderness.
6/24 : Both ears are up in the morning but the diarrhea gotten worse in the evening .
6/25 : He was really sick so we went to the doctor.
6/26 : Finally the day i been waiting for ! We are moving out to a new place so that Ace can leave with us but got a call at 6 am that Ace mad a huge mess in his crate. So i went there ASAP to bath him and wash the crate then go back to start moving stuffs.. and it was a long day :(. At 7 pm we were done with the big stuff but still had a lot of stuff to do. First thing first, we picked up Ace and he was doing so much better. No more vomiting and nasty stuffs. Me and my fiancee were exhausted but glad that we finally get to our new place.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like you've been through a lot, but your at a good place now and you can sit back and enjoy,... until Ace eats your new couch lol. I'm sure he is going to love being at home with his mom and dad full time. Enjoy your puppy times because they grow up super fast. :)

#4 ·
Yay an Ace thread! I've grown quite fond of this little guy. Looking forward to reading his progress and seeing his growth.

#8 ·
Some moments we will never live down... lol Haven't had to play much rodeo the last few nights, I am trying to stay close enough to him that I can grab him. If I step in poop, I'll just throw up and then clean up that and the poop lol

#10 ·
Today a maltese attacked Ace . No harm done and the owner apologize but she think its cute.... I can only imagine if its the other way arround or not even... What if Ace full grown bark and lunge at her dog..

#12 ·
I almost faced this situation today. I was walking Alice in my neighbourhood and someone had left his/her shih-tzu (I think) alone outside. We were across the street from it and it started to growl and bark with its fur all raised like a cat. Alice showed almost no reaction except turning and looking at it. All it took was one tug to get her attention back on the road. Thankfully the shih-tzu didn't attempt approaching her either but, of course that does not mean I am not annoyed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#18 ·
from the article
Rather, use your fingers to “bite” her off (poking with enough intensity to make the dog react by moving).

really :confused:

this author uses dominant and alpha way too much for my beliefs about dogs! :crazy:

large dog owners who let their dogs loom over small dogs are no better
fact is many small dogs simply feel threatened by dogs that are much larger than them
i mean wouldn't you? if a person standing 12 feet tall stood over you and leaned over you and you were unsure of their motivation? after all one wrong move and you could be wiped out!

some small dogs owners do not discipline their dogs but by no means are they all like that

#24 ·
The problem is my dog did not even go anywhere near it. We were across the road from it and the worst part is the owners weren't anywhere in sight to control the dog if it tried to attack Alice. Of course I am not saying that all owners are like that but many are. Say it had approached Alice and she attacked it back or something, who would be blamed? Alice or the 'poor innocent little' shih-tzu who provoked her? That is what annoys us. And honestly, if I felt threatened by something, I'd just run in the opposite direction, not stand there and yell at it (or in the shih-tzu's case, growl), let alone attack it like the maltese did Ace.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#28 ·
Of course I own Gunther, but my senior dog is a rat terrier named Cyclone. He's a great little guy, I've conquered his charging the fence, I've had him for 4 years. I adore him. He is the alpha, regardless of weighing only 11 pounds to Gunther's newly re-gained 70. They play together by mouthing and sometimes it gets out of hand. Today I heard Cyclone squeal and my husband was laughing at him because he felt Gunther's strength. I felt bad for Cyclone because it was pure accidental and just a little too much force on Gunther's part in play. Of course my husband holds a torch for Cyclone because of him exercising his dominance by biting at Gunther's lips and the one time he had food aggression and took a chunk out of Gunther's eyebrow. Cyclone walked around for 2 hours acting like we were about to punish him when he hadn't done anything wrong. Don't knock little dogs in general, knock the owners who let them get out of control. I've come a long way with my 2 boys and still have a long way to go. But little dogs aren't bad. Cyclone knows every command I give Gunther and I've never trained him. He sees Gunther obey and he follows suit, sometimes before Gunther. It's a dog owner, not a dog that is a problem.

#30 ·
Yesterday I found out 2 things.... the vet said that Ace's ear will always been floppy and not strong enough to really erect. I was a bit bumped cause i wanted his ear to go up like a typical german shepherd would look like... but ofc i love him dearly no matter what. I still have my hopes up cause sometime both ears are actually up
I also found out i have a mild allergy for dogs. Nothing really bad just itchy nose and eyes.

This post has been deleted
#43 ·
4 months already.... boy they just sprout right now. One day they fit under a dining room chair, the next day they take up 2 cushions on the couch! Ace sure is getting handsome!

#45 ·
I was without internet for 2 days as all my cable company money had gone towards Gunther vet bills lol. New... He's off the antibiotics and on probiotics now. Haven't had anything loose in his stool, eating chicken based kibble with scraps of chicken in it, re-gaining weight, no more limping in his legs, and even went to the park yesterday. I dare say... He's all healed up! Thanks for asking :) Oh, and happy belated birthday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.