German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - deppressed
Thread: deppressed
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jaxx's mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
You may be depressed in the moment, but not clinically depressed. It is NORMAL to feel sad once in a while, although our society wants you to think otherwise.

If you can answer yes to, " do you feel like hurting yourself or others" then get off the internet and seek medical help. Otherwise go take your GSD for some long hikes and increase your endorphins - Exercise and Depression: Endorphins, Reducing Stress, and More

Take care of yourself, eat well, sleep well, treat yourself. The biggest comfort for me is my faith (Christianity) , its one of those things your not supposed to talk about like politics, but if you do need to talk with someone, try a faith based counselor. Although things have gone wrong, you have several opportunities in the future for right things to happen. Focus ahead, not behind.
I have never had thoughts about hurting myself or others. I have felt sad for a few months now. but I would never hurt myself or others because that wouldn't help anything, and is not the right thing to do. I would just feel way worse after that.
I cannot sleep well at night and I am not feeling as hungry anymore. I have been trying to get out of the house more and take extra good care of jaxx, and that helps a litte. just to get my mind off of things.
Jaxx's mom is offline   Reply With Quote