German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - deppressed
Thread: deppressed
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Colie CVT

Gretchen gave you a lot of really great tips. I know when I was growing up, depending on how my life was going I had times when I got a little sad, but there was always something that came to help turn things around, or help me see past it. I have always been a strong person, always one that didn't want to have help, that wanted to do it on my own.

Last year was a very bad year. Any time that I started to get myself back on track again, something came along and slammed me down farther and farther each time. Personal and professional. It got to where I didn't want to do anything, where I was spending a lot of time staring at nothing and just feeling empty. Then what really scared me and finally got me to realize I simply couldn't beat it any longer were the thoughts about what I could do to hurt myself. Thoughts that just came up sporadically and I couldn't stop them.

I realized that I needed help and I needed something drastic to change in my life if I wanted to get better. I have no reason to feel depressed. I have wonderful parents, wonderful friends and even if my job is high stress, a truly wonderful job full of wonderful people. But it didn't matter. The thoughts were there. The tears and the way my mind was working was scaring me.

I went to my personal doctor, wanting to get his recommendation, telling him what I had started to try to do to help with getting myself on a better path. It is slow going and I discovered other things while we were working on getting the depression under control, but I am glad that I said something. I am okay with being on medication. I am so happy that I got Doyle.

Most days are good days. But some days are bad. You will know better than we would if talking with a doctor would be beneficial. Don't be afraid to go in even to get an opinion. There is help out there if you need it.
Colie CVT is offline   Reply With Quote