German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - looking for a puppy in New England area
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
piebald07

Default looking for a puppy in New England area

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a German Shepherd Dog In the new England area. I have narrowed it down to a few that I am looking at, I was wondering what you could tell me about them. This is my first post but I have been reading all that I can on here. I'll give you some background info and the breeders that I have been looking at.

Our family consists of myself, my wife and our 8 year old daughter. We have a 14 year old niece and 2 nephews (8 & 10) who frequently visit as well as my sister in law and brother in law. We have 2 min pins, a Chihuahua and a cat.

We recently lost our German Shepherd at 9 years and 8 months. About 3 years ago he had a hemangiosarcoma on his toe, the vet amputated his toe and said that there was a possibility of it coming back and that if it did, chances are it would attack his spleen. About a year ago we has to rush him to the vet because his gums were going white and he was stumbling. The vet did xrays and blood tests, and told us that he was bleeding internally and his spleen was enlarged but it had stopped and he would be okay. So we left happy even though we knew he was on borrowed time we still had our boy. He had this happen a few.times and on April 4th of this year we had to take our beloved boy back to the vet because he was bleeding internally again. The vet said it was his time and we are absolutely devastated and lost without our handsome boy, we miss him so much and we wish everyday that he was here with us. I am thankful that he is not suffering but it doesn't take the pain away. He is gone but never forgotten, he will always be with us in our hearts and our memories.

We have been looking at breeders in the new England area as we live in Connecticut and we want to be able to drive and meet the breeder, parents and our prospective puppy. I know color is not really important but we love the looks of the sables and the DDR lines. We don't want a dog that has super high drives as he will mainly be a companion and pet. I think a medium drive dog would be a perfect fit for us. We love to take walks, play, swim and train as well as going on outings and car rides. So we are looking for a dog that can go, go, go but relax with us at the end of the day.

We are also looking for stable nerves and temperament that won't be overly aggressive or see things as a threat that shouldn't be. A protector if he had to be but a lover while.with his family. We are also trying to find a breeder who tests for HD/ED, DM and hopefully a breeder who produces dogs without allergies. I know this is a long post and I apologize but I wanted to give as much info as possible because I want to be sure we find a good fit for our family as well as our future puppy.

We have been looking at Goble Kennels and Von Hena-C. They have beautiful dogs and test.

I was wondering what your opinions were of these kennels as well as any other that you can suggest.

I have attached some pictures of our handsome boy.

Thank you,

Sheina
Attached Thumbnails
looking for a puppy in New England area-full.jpg   looking for a puppy in New England area-full-1.jpg   looking for a puppy in New England area-full-2.jpg  
piebald07 is offline   Reply With Quote