German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Things that only RAW feeders understand
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pax8
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
I get lamb for the dogs directly from the breeder and I get it for significantly cheaper than what they charge at the grocery store. I could just eat theirs. LOL

Something else non raw feeders don't understand is how much thought we put into feeding our dogs. So much easier to just scoop kibble out of a bag.
Haha, I had a customer at the store who came up asking me to tell him how to feed prey model raw because he wanted to feed raw, but the premade was too expensive. His eyes nearly rolled into the back of his head when I talked to him about figuring out a proper nutrient profile for my dog and cobbling it together out of the meats, bones, and organs available to me as well as filling out any possible gaps with supplements. And of course trialing different supplements, meats, and combinations to see which ones had the best effects. And then just the general figuring out which proportions worked best for my dog and butchering and packaging groups of meat to fill those portions.

He was flabbergasted that I would go through so much trouble finding meat and that there wasn't just a "meat store" that sold everything I needed. Nooot so much.

Needless to say, he stuck with his dry food. If he had actually been serious, I would have spent more time with him. But apparently he was more just trying to show off that he had a vague idea of what a raw diet was.
Pax8 is online now   Reply With Quote