German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Questions while waiting for my new puppy
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Josarn1

Default Questions while waiting for my new puppy

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the forum and I will also be a new dog owner sometime in September. My puppy is expected to be born around the first week of July and the breeder told me to expect to pick up my pup at 9 weeks. She said their kennel has automatic feeders/water as well as doggie doors so most pups are on feeding schedules and are used to going outside to do their business.

My puppy will be a male. I drive 40-45 minutes to work and will be taking the puppy with me everyday, six days per week. I run my own business and the pup will be with me everyday at work. I have several questions and I'm sure after a couple weeks with the pup I'll have a million more but for the moment I'll ask this: while at work should I crate the pup and take him outside every 45-60 minutes or should I leave him out and watch him like a hawk? Or should I tether him to me? I am terrified of doing something wrong from the outset at leading my puppy to bad habits. I know inside accidents are bound to happen but I'm confident we can housebreak seeing that the pup will be with me everyday. Any other beginner pointers for a first time GSD owner would be greatly appreciated!
Josarn1 is offline   Reply With Quote