German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - puppy color dilemma
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
pr3dict

Default puppy color dilemma

Hi all,

First I would like to say please don't judge me too harshly as I am just trying to find what type of puppy would best for me.

I am planned to go pickup my first ever puppy in less then 2 weeks and it has been a journey I have planned for the past 4-5 months.

Originally I put in a deposit for a male puppy (I wanted sable but color was not something that was guaranteed)

After the puppies were born there were not enough males to go around and a few females were sable and a few were jet black.

After some discussion with a few people and my breeder we decided a female would not be the end of the world and either gender would be a great companion for me.

Now, after the temperament training I have been matched with a jet black female which was the total opposite of what I originally planned for. Now, I can say that the puppies are all beautiful but for some reason (maybe because the sables are more photogenic) I can't help but keep picturing myself with a sable puppy...

The puppies parents are of GREAT quality and the breeder is top notch. I just can't stop but think that my drive for a puppy is overpowering what I will be happy with.

Can anyone weigh in on the situation as I am having a hard time making a decision.

Thanks.
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote