German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Does my dog really need a blood panel?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bridget
Knighted Member

Default Does my dog really need a blood panel?

Heidi just started on Rimadyl for her hips and seems to be tolerating it well and it appears to be helping with her pain. In order to get more of it, the vet is insisting that a comprehensive be done, which apparently is a blood test that checks liver function and maybe other functions. Heidi is almost 13 years old and her hips are failing. Although I am trying not to dwell on it, I believe we have days or weeks, not months or years before she will need to be put down. What I am wanting to know is is this test, which I am pretty sure is expensive going to tell us anything that really matters at this point in Heidi's life? I hope I don't sound like I don't care about my dog. A couple of years ago, she had a problem, the vet suggested a complete blood panel and I gave the go ahead, no questions asked, but now...if there is a good reason for it that will change anything, then I am ok with it. That is what I am asking. Thanks.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote