German Shepherds Forum banner

Sarah is 1 year old!

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  my boy diesel 
#1 ·
Sarah, my GSD mix rescue, is now 1 year old. A little over a year ago a friend rescued a female GSD mix on the side of the freeway. Little did she know that the dog was pregnant. The last one born, Sarah, developed puppy swimmers syndrome. She was set in a brace made from socks, with vet care and was released from care to be in good health. (All of the other 6 puppies had a different father and had to be put down due to distemper.)

Sarah was the only survivor of the litter. She has a slight limp with her front right paw due to the joint problems after birth, but it doesn't slow her down at all. I try to watch her activity, but hard to do with the GSD part of her. (Everyone that sees her thinks she must be pure GSD, but I know that isn't true.)

I don't post much, but have read, learned, and put into practice, so much of what is shared. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Sarah has gone through advanced training, but I want her to do more. She is great on the leash, listening to me, obeying most of the time, etc. She needs to work on her greetings of other people because she gets excited to meet new friends and doesn't always want to stay. We are working on that.

I have always had a dog or two, but never one that just got in my heart and made paw prints all over it. :wub:

Her ears go up and down, but mostly down. Oh well.

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What an adorable and beautiful girl!! Congratulations to Sarah and her loving family on one 1 of a wonderful life of a great dog! Happy birthday, sweetheart!

#8 ·
Happy Belated 1st Birthday Sarah!! Wishing you lots of fun and treats. Sheplvr ,she is beautiful and you can tell from her picture very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.