German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
planebldr

Default New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!

So I guess a little backstory on how we got this little guy. We had two dogs prior....one was definately a shepherd mix with something...and the other well...just a crazy mutt. He had a few VERY VERY faint shepherd traits...but was part junk yard dog, part who knows lol. Both were rescued so to speak from a shelter and a stray pup. Both were just puppies when we got them. The black one was Sadie, and the crazy brown one was Pudge. Great dogs all the way to the end. Pudge suddenly went into liver failure. He was on meds for anxiety and allergies for a few years. Said it was a side effect. So we lost him a few weeks ago. In the meantime Sadie was taking a turn for the worse. Her back hips were shot...front shoulder shot, and had to be carried up and down steps. I knew it was days, so I responded to a craigslist ad and picked up Duke. Our new shepherd. I texted a picture with him in my car on my way home from work and that is how I let my wife know we have a new member in the family. It was bittersweet since Pudge was gone. Sadie quickly got to the point she couldn't squat to pee anymore and refused to eat. We lost her two weeks ago.....now its just us and the new guy. The previous owner said she thought he was half shepherd and half malamute. All I see is shepherd...any opinions? He is 6/7 months old in these pics. Either way we love him to death already. He is great with the kids and a cuddler
Attached Thumbnails
New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-11334.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke4.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke2.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke3.jpg  

New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke5.jpg  
planebldr is offline   Reply With Quote