German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Good Size Lump
Thread: Good Size Lump
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
jafo220
Elite Member

Default Good Size Lump

I was checking Cruz out today and found a pretty good size lump right above the right shoulder blade. It feels kind of elongated but still round a little over the size of a golf ball. It feels kind of fluid and soft. It's definitely not hard. It seems to have come up rather quickly. You can see it raising the hair in that spot. It wasn't noticed last night when my daughter was petting him.

He hasn't had any recent vaccinations or bug bites in that area. It doesn't seem to cause him any pain. He does like to jump off the deck stairs and does some running around the backyard playing with his new ball. He has not shown a limp or farvoring that leg. I've messed with it a bit and he doesn't seem to shy away like if he doesn't want it messed with.

Should we just keep an eye on it and see if it swells bigger or goes down? I'm right in the middle of a local move and timing is bad.

Lumps scare me. Cruz is around a year and a half now. Appetite is good, gets plenty of water and has numerous blood test at checkups. He is well taken care of.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
jafo220 is offline   Reply With Quote