German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help please.
Thread: Help please.
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pax8
Master Member
 
Pax8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 778
Default

If it's an allergen, I would probably do a rinse down. I don't know about shampoo. Unless it's a very gentle, tearless type and you can avoid getting it in the sores, I would probably just do a rinse. You could also put a small cup of baking soda in with the bath water. Though again, I'd avoid getting it in the sore.

There's not much else I would do with the open one besides rub the gunk off with a warm wet towel and put on some neosporin. It really just needs an antibacterial and access to the open air without him scratching or chewing at it.
Pax8 is offline   Reply With Quote