German Shepherds Forum banner

Question regarding military dogs,

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  misslesleedavis1 
#1 ·
I read a post this morning regarding a dog named paco, his handler was sent home from Afghanistan and he is now in the process of trying to raise funds to bring paco home. I may be behind time but I thought the laws around military dogs have changed in regards to them being sent back to the US , I was under the impression that they just go home when they are done...anyways I was thinking of making a donation to paco's fund but does this sound right? Are they still just left behind?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
Can you share the post you read? I am trying to get an understanding for what you mean. Are you talking about a dog that was just in Afghanistan, or an actual MWD? A MWD would have been assigned to another handler, they wouldn't just leave him in Afghanistan.

#10 ·
No expert here, but from my understanding, it requires the same amount of training, but it's based off of the contract and how it's written. Some contract includes the dog's return and others don't. But I honestly don't know much more than that.. would be something to research.. which I may actually do today :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.