German Shepherds Forum banner

Rusti update - hip dysplasia

877 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kbella999 
#1 ·
Rusti will be getting her 6th Adequan injection today and I am super happy to say that there has been a huge improvement this last week. She will get 3 more injections (all have been in the muscle by the vet so far), then we go to maintenance mode at 1 a month. I plan on giving her the monthly injections myself (under the skin).

#5 ·
Glad this is working for your dog. :)

Our oldest is on Adequan SQ (at home) for her hip & knee and does great. A month was too long between injections for her, we had to go back to every two weeks. Keep notes and let your vet know if you see her not doing as well before a month is up.

#7 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the interval between injections. I'll ask the vet about that. Maybe I should start out at every two weeks with her.

#6 ·
Hy! I am sorry for barging in like this...I am not a member of your forum, but I have an 11 year old german shepard with arthritis. He took Aplazyl at the beginning of this year, but he started having pain in his back legs a few weeks ago. We gave him some noninflammatory medicine, but a week ago his pain got back and we put him on Aplazyl again. Yesterday he barely walked up the stairs and has difficulty in walking in the house. What do you suggest? We haven't made any x-rays on his legs...Please give me some advice because I can't stand knowing he is suffering like that...Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.