German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - new to GSD's...
Thread: new to GSD's...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
crazy_chicken

Default new to GSD's...

Hello all, I am a total newbie to GSD'S but absolutely love them so far. A little history about me...I have been a Dobie guy for years, actually 3rd generation of trainer/ breeder. ..I am also a 100% disabled veteran and 3rd generation military. My wife volunteers for a rescue and that is actually how I ended up with my first GSD, but that's a long story. ..I usually train the foster dogs in basic obedience I figure If they can meet the requirements of the good citizen training it will be a lot easier for them to be placed in homes. This is where I was impressed by the breed. Dobies are intelligent dogs but seem to possess a bit more of a stubbornness I haven't noticed in my GSD. I am not sure if it's typical of the breed or if I just got lucky and got a good dog or both..I initially wanted to get into schutzhund but my dog is a little too flat, so we are going a different route. We are continuing her obedience training and she is officially going to be my service dog. . I named my dog Cadence she is about 7 months old now, I have had her since she was 3 months old and love every minute so far...
crazy_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote