German Shepherds Forum banner

Can I give my pup bones

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  oldskidog 
#1 ·
Perseus is 18 weeks. Can he have ham bones, knuckles, etc.... I don't know since he has some adult teeth, and baby teeth. I need to find something that he would be interested in and take time to go threw.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
afaik , bones are ok for 3months+, but it must be cleaned well from the chicken's/meat's skin as the vet said, so just clean it well and give it to him , but take care because many people warned me about giving him bones , better just give him sth solid

#3 ·
I use beef, chicken, and lamb bones but no pork.

For recreational chewing I use knuckle and marrow bones, put them in the freezer to make them last longer. I don't worry about stripping the bones, neither of my dogs have ever had a issue eating the meat and skin off them

#19 ·
If anyone lives close to Menards (department store) they usually have larger antlers for $11.99 that last a long time. Olivia has three and loves them!

For the marrow bones, our local butcher will cut them to roughly 4 inch pieces, usually from the larger parts as to not allow for choking hazard. It's pure silence when Olivia gets one, there is very little she will find more interesting than that bone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.