German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Growing Properly?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
emmers

Question Growing Properly?

I don't know if this is the correct place to post it, but it has to do with physical development, so I guess I should try.

I've been worried to death about my puppy's hips. He's my first shepherd, and part of me says that I should stop worrying because I'm being stupid, but the other part of me says that I'm just being a good mommy by wanting to make sure he's 100% okay.

This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMDNvVzllCg) shows how he was walking today. He'll be five months old on the twenty-first. His father is Drago vom Patriot. His mother is Magnhilde vom Sequoyah Haus, and her PennHip scores were in the top 0%, as were her mother's (and her father is Wasko vom
Eifelgrund). It SHOULDN'T be a worry, right? I just feel like his back legs are so skinny, and that he seems to walk funny, but could that just be the GSD gangly stage?

He rarely ever jumps off of anything more than 3 feet tall. All of our furniture is short, lol. We do walk often, but we don't push it; he always seems to want to go, go, go all by himself.

tl;dr: Will you watch the video and tell me if you think my puppy's hips look A-okay?

emmers is offline   Reply With Quote