German Shepherds Forum banner

main owner

992 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SoCal Rebell 
#1 ·
hello , I just wanted to know how does a dog know his main friend and owner? Is the only way to feed and train him? Because my dad does nothing at all and she keeps sticking with him while I am the only one who is 24/7 with her and she rarely comes to me.

also she is always smelling everything and never leaves the kitchen , what should I do to make her stop that, its been 1 days now and she hasn't been playing as before , sniffing and camping at the kitchen doing nothing at all

some nice tips would be nice :)

#2 · (Edited)
The best way to build a bond is by training. I suggest clicker training; a positive reinforcement method.
And you should be the only one feeding.
You've only had the pup for one day? She's still adjusting to her new home. Give her some time.
Good luck! :)

#3 ·
I'm the trainer in the family, and if I'm home and the wife tells either one to do something they look at me. They are also like velcro with me.

I have my wife feed them and take them out to do their business so she has some role with them.

If I were having a hard time bonding I would do it all but that is not the case in my home.

#4 ·
I am his trainer , anyways ignore the first part of the topic my dad was hiding bacon in his pocket •_•

but still she camps alot in the kitchen , and Harley , she has been with me for 3 weeks now

#6 ·
MY GSD is 8 months old, my wife does all the feeding and spends the entire day at home with him and tells bad behavior horror stories when I am not around. I do the training giving positive reinforcement and praise not treats and give out discipline when needed and is a perfect angel around me. I think this is what earns his respect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.