German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Anyone think 2 dogs are easier than one?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
lauren43
Master Member

Default Anyone think 2 dogs are easier than one?

My goal was to get a puppy at the end of the year regardless of what happened with Avery. For those of you that don't know Avery was diagnosed with Lymphoma in May, sadly it was very aggressive, by the time we got an appt with an Oncologist I had to make the difficult decision to let him go. He was only 4 years old. He would have loved another dog that he could actually play with (I have a Chihuahua currently)...

So now I've been thinking. My new puppy will be coming home mid-august and I'm sad she won't have a playmate. At the same token, I will have tons of time to spend with her and train. Do you think the one on one time with me will be better than the benefit of another dog? I just know as far as tiring a dog out, dog play is the best way to do it. I've been considering getting a older rescue, so I won't have two puppies at once. I am just so heartbroken about Avery, I know deep down there is a void I want to fill, but I also don't want to be overwhelmed. The other thought is to foster in the meantime, however finding a breed rescue that lets you foster without breed experience seems to be difficult.

What do you think?
lauren43 is offline   Reply With Quote