German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - To rescue or get my replacement pup?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
wyoung2153
Knighted Member

Default To rescue or get my replacement pup?

Just curious on y'all's thoughts. The BF and I have decided to add another fur baby to our little family. He has come a long way from the "not a dog person" when we first met, to now sending me ads when he sees a dog that needs a home

That being said he isn't sure he wants to go through a breeder and we recently talked about rescuing from the local shelter. Though, I do have a replacement puppy from a Boerboel breeder when I want her, on my terms. So there's that too. He said he doesn't care one way or another, that I am the "dog person" and he will be fine with whichever.

The problem is, if we go with the Boerboel from the breeder, I feel as though he won't feel like he had a say and won't feel like it's really his, because this was a prior incident before we were together. And I could see him getting a little more excited when we talk about going to the rescue and picking one out together.

NOW do I eat the $2500 already spent on the Boerboel for now and rescue? Or do I just go to the breeder because there's already money invested? It's hard because he says he doesn't care at all, but my gut says that he does and just knows I have money invested already in the other... What do y'all think? Obviously we will make the ultimate decision.. just curious on what you think

Decisions decisions...

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote