German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Novice Title!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Abby142

Default Beginner Novice Title!

Jade got her Beginner Novice title this weekend! We got the first leg back in January, and got the last two this weekend.

I learned that we really really really need to work on heeling. She does really well in training class and even when we practice, but once we get in the ring it seems like she totally forgets what she is doing and stops watching me and wanders off it seems like if I don't have a treat, or I'm not talking to her, she just doesn't care anymore. Any advice?

Saturday we got a 187 1/2, and Sunday we got a 187. Both days we points taken off in the heeling and figure eight, but perfect scores on the sit for exam, sit stay, and recall. I was so proud of her recall on Sunday! They set it up so that her back was to the other ring and a rather large crowd of people. As soon as I walked away the dog in the other ring finished and the crowd erupted in rather loud cheering. I was so afraid that she would have moved, but I got down to the end and turned around and she was still just staring at me. The judge apologized afterwards and said she had no idea that would happen, but that Jade did really well.

I am so excited to move up to novice and see what is in store of us!

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
Abby142 is offline   Reply With Quote