German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Sick Dog day 6 of high fever
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Okin

Default Sick Dog day 6 of high fever

I am not sure what is wrong with my girl. On Tuesday night she vomited up her food I believe that is when everything started. She seemed fine all day Tuesday, then on Wednesday she was very lethargic. First thing Thursday morning I had her at the vet and she spent the day there getting IV fluids and antibiotics with a temp in the 103s. They sent us home with an antibiotic and anti diarrhea medicine. Friday she was back in on IV fluids again. They had us bring her back to check her temp on Saturday and it was up to 104s. The were not open very long on Saturday so they gave us a stronger antibiotic and put fluids under her skin. Her temp later that day went down to the low 103s and Sunday was back up to high 104s. This morning it was still high 104s and she is back at the vet.

Her stools are back to being formed and not liquid, she is eating a canned food for upset stomachs and is eating again. She is very lethargic and wants to lay around all day. We did notice a change in attitude from the first day, her ears are back to standing up instead of back and she seems more alert and a bit happier but still just wants to sleep most of the day. The vets don't seem to know what is going on and are at the point of starting a bunch of different tests. I don't know if anyone has any ideas based on what I said but I am getting very worried about her.