German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - TOTW and Chinese Ingredients!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cara Fusinato

Default TOTW and Chinese Ingredients!

My dogs have done brilliantly on TOTW high prairie puppy for quite some time now. It's about the only food I have found so far that didn't give the grumbly tummy to the shepherd. I found this out today and I am DONE with TOTW. Going with the Acana Ranchlands over Earthborn's bison/lamb which is a bit higher in protein/calories/fat. We are not doing any ingredients fom China, esp. folate which has come tainted from China in the human market too. Ug. Sorry to report this for the TOTW fans . . .

Here's what TOTW postd on their FB page:

Taste of the Wild Pet Food Most of the ingredients in Taste of the Wild originate in the U.S. There are critical ingredients that are not available domestically in an adequate supply or with as much quality as our international supply. There are ingredients critical to our formulations (i.e. folic acid and taurine) that can only be sourced out of China. We believe not including these ingredients would not be in the best interest of your pet. We understand the concern of products sourced outside of the U.S. Food safety is our top priority. Our ingredients go through numerous quality assurance checks from the time the ingredient arrives to the end process of shipping to ensure the safety of our products.
Cara Fusinato is offline   Reply With Quote