German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How do you correct your pups?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheDakotaShow

Default How do you correct your pups?

I am just looking for ideas on how to correct my 5 month old. She has peed in the house four days in a row now. Which I have not hit her, yelled or anthing tk her. I just started brining her out more and right when I take her out of her crate to use the bathroom.

But I think I can work on that but how do u guys work on less biting. I play around with my pup on the ground and I take the bites but once its to harsh I stop and in a firm voice I tell her no and put her in a down stay. Then resume. Is this good practice?

But she has started digging up my vegetable garden in the back and when I come out she runs and sometimes has me chasing her. (She thinks its a game, because she will goto one side of te planter box, and knowing I cant get her she will take a chomp at one of the plants and run off. The first time I caught her I hit her in the butt and pinned her down. (Which was very dumb and I acted out of anger) but now I know I cannot do that.

But anyway, what ive been doing now if I catch her doing destruction I either put her in a down stay on her bed or crate her. But if its minor j run for treats or a tug to get her mind off what shes doing. But how does she learn to not do that? Will it come over time?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
TheDakotaShow is offline   Reply With Quote