German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Need a little advice... GSD with possible DM
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

agreed , I wouldn't spend $2,500 for an MRI . This is a 10 year old dog, with a non-cure condition . So I would do everything in my might though to mitigate the situation , slow the decline as much as possible and give ex life extension with as much quality as possible.

give "good" source of protein , antioxidant , anti inflammatory , sources of choline , B12 , Foods That Improve Myelination | LIVESTRONG.COM bone broth, anything to help build collagen , selenium/magnesium .

Wobbler's which is associated with Doberman and Great Danes and GSD , is something which a friend of mine is experiencing with her young Dane . This is something I found for her New hope for treating wobblers syndrome

have no idea if it works but this video clip is very interesting.

Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
essential fatty acids -- high omega 3 - helps with brain and nerve development and an oil (fish) that has a good dose of DHA which will help with myelination for nerve impulse MAY BE one of the ways to affect a preventive course against DM .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote