German Shepherds Forum banner

Patchy is too nice

961 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mamajag 
#1 ·
Well when I went to the breeder I told them I wanted a dog that loved all people. This is from a working line litter with a Czech import dad and a super aloof czech line mom. I let them pick her for me and they said shes an aggressive lover- means jumps in your face licking.
Well a few months ago an investment company bought the house next door and tore down the fence. Now we have new neighbors, a large family.

They love Apache and if I let her out they call her over and throw balls. But now shes running into their house and stuff LOL. I think she may like them more than me :eek:

#2 ·
That would not work for me. I would stop the practice of other people calling your dog away, and allowing her into their home. My preference would be to fence your yard, until then keep her on a long line when she is out with you. I would also ask them not to engage her,tell them that you are working on her training and it's interfering with that. (if they live that close a good explanation would probably keep your relationship civil)

#3 · (Edited)
We just did this exercise at training class with my golden that just turned a year. The trainer went to the other side and had us tell the dogs go say hi and she called the dogs. My dog is the only dog in the class that wouldn't leave my side. She made noises, squeaked a ball, nothing worked. The point is for us to be able to call the dog back. She excused us from the exercise because he did what he was suppose to do, not move away from me to begin with. He is a very happy go lucky golden with a strong bond and lots loyality to me is what she said. I was proud of him. I wouldn't want my dog to go to someone else's house without me anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.