German Shepherds Forum banner

9 month old ears still not up?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mydogs 
#1 ·
Purebred german shepherd female named Ava. Her ears go up *sometimes* when she's just waking up. 2 minutes later the right ear goes back down.

She was born September 10, 2013.

Is it still too late to correct the ear or could it still go up?

See less See more
#2 ·
i heard that you should have started doing something at 6 months but have you tried anything ? i heard stuffs like taping it n gentle massage or even feeding them unflavored yogurt and cottage cheese. But i also heard dogs are lactose intolerant . Please do your own research ... cause those are just the things i read online.. good luck

#3 ·
I have tried taping but my other dog rips it off right away and I feel like it's doing more harm than good so I left it off :confused: I've researched so much stuff and everyone says if they aren't up by 6 months they aren't going to go up. Then other people say their dog's ears have went up after 9 months. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. She's such a beautiful dog; its a shame her ear won't stand on its own. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.