German Shepherds Forum banner

Is my boy way below average on weight?

4K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  ashley1 
#1 ·
At 11 weeks he went to the vet an he was only 15 pounds an most of that is prolly fur lol. after reading thru the forum he seems really small his dad was 90 pounds an mom was 80. Maybe he's jus gona be small? It's hard to tell if he looks skinny because he's so fluffy

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#10 ·
My puppy was the smallest of the 3 puppies my neighbor couldnt sell from her litter ( long story) didnt see other puppes that were sold but I assuming they were bigger and where chosen first. I found good homes for the other 2 puppies but Dex was not chosen because he was smaller. So we kept him. Some people made comments that he was small for his age, which was fine with me because I like small dogs. He 16 months now and weighs 110 pounds, a lean 110. I saw his sister about 2 months ago and hes much bigger than her, so you never know. Some puppies develop slower physically and mentally. Im sure I have the slow one, because hes just coming into his confident, brat stage. So try to relax and enjoy your guy because they grow super fast and you dont want to miss it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.