German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 'Heart dog'
Thread: 'Heart dog'
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
PMRonan

What is a heart dog? To me your heart dog is the dog you think of when someone starts talking about dogs. He is your perfect dog, reads you and you read him. Commands become obsolete and you just intuitively know what each one needs to do.

How is he/she different from any other dog you've cared for?
He just is. He becomes your definition of YOUR dog.

What has your heart dog taught you?
Bishop taught me what companionship really is. What "just a dog" can truly be.
When did your heart dog enter your life?
My father owned a kennel, and passed away, when we were dismantling the kennel (i was 22 and my daughter was about to be born, in no position to care for a Kennel.) there was a litter born two weeks after his death, 2 day from his birthday. I decided to keep one, he never left my side, ever.
Was it a low point in your life?
I had just found out I was having a daughter, as excited as i was, I was also completely panicking, Bishop made it okay, gave me something to focus on.

Did your heart dog leave you at a high point in your life?
He died of a cancerous tumor one day, laid down in his spot while I smoked a cig, just like every day for the 4 years of his life. I felt it though, he exhaled a little heavier than normal and I didn't even look down, I knew he was gone. We didn't even know he was sick. I sat on my porch in my chair, him still laying in his spot, with him for about 6 hours petting him. It was two days before my birthday. Two years ago this month.
Attached Thumbnails
'Heart dog'-16907_10151299336642495_1540125991_n.jpg  
PMRonan is offline   Reply With Quote