German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I being impatient?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Salino

Red face Am I being impatient?

Hi Everyone,
I have been reading so much information regarding German Shepherds ears and getting so much conflicting advice I am at a total loss lol.
Ok my puppy was born on the 25 January 2014 and her ears never went through the whole funny flopping everywhere stage. She has always had them down. Occasionally now the one ear stands up usually after she has just woken up. It only stands for a few seconds though. I have started massaging her ears lightly and in the evenings she gets large marrow bones to chew on. She has hooves to chew on during the day but she doesn’t chew much. There also seems to be a fold by the ears where the ear hangs.
Now the all-time favourite question is should I leave the ears alone or should I do something?
If I should do something what is the preferred method?
Apart from taping and gluing the ears together I was also told one could glue a coin in each ear to make the pup work its ears by trying to pull them up due to the weight so by the time the coins are removed the ears stand up.
I have also been told to leave the ears alone until she is done teething. I am just concerned seeing her ears also never stood before teething.
I never had to do something like this before and have no idea… L
Any advice would be appreciated.
Obviously whatever happens I will still love her either way but it would be nice if her ears could be up.
Thanks in advanceJ
Attached Thumbnails
Am I being impatient?-img-20140512-00341-2-.jpg   Am I being impatient?-img-20140527-wa000.jpg   Am I being impatient?-picture1.jpg  
Salino is offline   Reply With Quote