German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated repetition
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
LoveMyMaximus

Default Frustrated repetition

I have an almost 2 yr old German Shepherd named Maximus . He is a wonderful boy with an amazing temperament and is so smart that it's scary sometimes. We are constantly in awe of how easily he learns. But there is one area that can use some huge improvement. We have a 1 yr old kitty named Tigerlily and Maximus is obsessed with her! No matter how many times we tell Maximus "NO" or "leave it" or "No kitty", he just will not/cannot leave her alone. She can't walk passed him without him lunging at her or chasing her. Tigerlily isn't afraid of Maximus either but she doesn't like being constantly harassed. My hubby and I are at a complete loss as to how to break him of this habit! He hasn't hurt her nor do I think he would but he's 100 lbs of dog and she is 10 lbs of small kitty and he could hurt her unintentionally. If she is on my lap he comes over and "nibbles" on her back end or her tummy or pulls her tail. We would LOVE some peace between them and an end to the constant "NO's" and "leave its". Please !! Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
LoveMyMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote