German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Boundary Training
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
FelixTheGSD

Default Boundary Training

Hey again, more questions

So, it's going to be impossible for me to use baby gates or puppy pens to contain my puppy (which we will get in 7 weeks). We have a crate with a divider for him to grow into, and are making an awesome outdoor kennel to go in our fenced and puppy safe back yard, as well. The crate is for indoor sleeping / etc. It's huge. (this one)

So the question is, how do you guys think boundary training will work, and do you think we should just keep him on leash / dragging the leash in the house til he's fairly well boundary trained?

By boundary trained, I mean: the idea is that he will stop at the edge of the tile and wood flooring, so he will stay in our family room, breakfast room, and kitchen, all tile, which is a really big area. Most of the ground floor. We want him to stay there because our wood flooring is REALLY easily scratched. However, the problem might be solved if we keep his nails filed down. I just want to know what ya'lls opinions on how to boundary train, or anything that will help with this situation, and anything that you guys recommend