German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dog bites and attacks
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Bridget
Knighted Member

Dog bites and attacks

I was unsure where to put this, as it is mostly just the meanderings of my mind. I volunteer at a shelter, so hear about "bit histories," etc. I am thinking that anymore people do not know the difference between a dog bite and a dog "attack." Back when I was a child, dog bites were something that mainly happend only to children, almost always a result of either a child's meanness or foolishness. From what I can remember, usually the dog was neither held responsible, not blamed and the parents usually took a "serves you right" attitude. Dog attacks on the other hand almost never happened. I think because almost all humans had leadership skills back then and it would not have crossed a dog's mind to attack a human; wouldn't have wanted to, nor would they have dared. If a dog did "attack," it would have been put down immediately without question. It just seems to me that people no longer know the difference and every nip is considered a huge, serious affair.

Humans also had the leadership to parent without child rearing classes too, LOL, but that's another story...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome