German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Good idea or bad idea? Taking 8 week puppy to family party for socialization
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
YORCHI

Default Good idea or bad idea? Taking 8 week puppy to family party for socialization

My sister in law is having a baby shower this Saturday and I was reading a bit about it being okay to take your puppy to meet new places and people before having all of their shots as long as it was safe. So I think this would be okay but what do you think?

My brother has an adult male cocker spaniel, and a puppy (16 weeks?) male pitbull. I think it'll be a great chance for my pup to meet new people and interact with them, especially kids, and also for the two puppies to play together and begin establishing a relationship. I don't want my brother's pitbull to become dog-aggressive and I think this would be good for both of them.

Neither of my brother's dogs have been sick, they stay in the back yard 95% of the time. My pup has only had her first set of shots at 7 weeks.

What do you think, is this a good idea and I should bring her along or is it a bad idea and I should leave her at home?
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote