German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - behavior issues
Thread: behavior issues
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Germanshepherdlove

Default behavior issues

Hi, this is my first post here, I'm having some behavioral issues with my German shepherd.

He sometimes comes when called and sometimes doesn't, even when he seems tired and hot he sometimes just runs off. He doesn't go to far, but I live in town and worry about the neighbors getting mad or him getting run over. He will be behaving so well and then just run off.

He also is not always nice with other dogs. His hackles are almost always up when he sees/meets a new dog. I'm not sure if he's scared or if he's mean. He does get along with a few dogs here in town, so I know he can do it.

I've been using lots of treats and very few corrections and he just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm at a loss for what to do. Trying to get a behaviorist to come out, but it's expensive because they are all far away.

He ran off today when we got home, just walking from the car to the back door, which we do every day. He was hot and tired from our walk. I left him outside by himself on his tie out after I caught him because I was so mad. He walked off lead and then comes home and runs off!
Germanshepherdlove is offline   Reply With Quote